Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Recipes:


Some days when I'm feeling the need to eat something that is super healthy but I'm not sure what to have I just get the healthiest ingredients out and make up a little rice bowl. This little totally non-authentic  Chickpea Curry I made up for a fast easy flavorful lunch, I paired it with sautéed Kale, two boiled tiny Redskin Potatoes and steamed rice for a filling meal. You could just eat this over greens or rice to cut down on prep time. 

Servings: 2-3           Cook and Prep time Total: 15 mins 


- One can Chickpeas, drained and rinsed 
-1/4 large Yellow Onion, Cut in to half moon slivers
- 2 Tablespoons Olive Oil
- 1 Tablespoon Yellow Curry Powder 
- 1/2 Tablespoon Garam Masala 
- 1/4 Teaspoon ground Cloves
- 1/4 Teaspoon Paprika 
- Water, as needed 


In a skillet heat one tablespoon of Olive Oil over medium heat and add Yellow Onions, sauté until soft and translucent. Add all the spices to the oil and onions and stir coating onions about one minute. Add Chickpeas and remaining tablespoon of Olive Oil and stir to coat chickpeas. If this mixture looks to dry just add a few tablespoons of water to thin out the sauce. Cook about 3 mins. and serve with rice.

4 comments:

dutchbritishlove said...

This looks so delicious! I love chickpeas but have never made them the main part of a dish!

sincerelykinsey said...

Oh my, this looks so good! I'll have to try it out this week. Thanks for sharing! xo Kinsey

Sarah Von said...

What a perfect winter time recipe!

Carrie said...

this looks really good! I have a friend that swears by her chickpea cutlets

carrie